Become a Mikva Teacher
Mikva Challenge always welcomes new teachers who are excited about using our Action Civics model and interested in using our curricula, attending our workshops, or participating in our programs. We invite teachers and youth workers to choose their level of involvement according to their interests and availability.
- If you are based in Chicago, click here to learn more about how to get involved with Mikva Challenge in Chicago.
- If you are based in the Los Angeles area, click here to learn more about to get involved with Action Civics LA or contact Sheila McMullin at email@example.com.
- If you are based in the Washington DC area, click here to learn more about how to get involved with Mikva Challenge DC or contact Justine Hipsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in the American Soapbox Initiative: If you are a teacher who is not in a city where Mikva offers programming — that is, if you are outside of Chicago, DC, or LA — one great way to get involved this fall is through the American Soapbox Initiative. Click here to sign up for American Soapbox or contact Brian Brady at email@example.com.
- Use our curricula: The Center for Action Civics currently has complete curricula, both digital and print, that you can order online. We have a variety of free options as well as curricula for purchase. Click here to learn more about our curriculum and to order your copies today.
- Use our resources: We also offer a variety of supplementary classroom resources on our website and encourage educators to submit resources that they’d like to share on the page.
- Attend our workshops: CFAC also offers several professional development workshops each year aimed at helping teachers improve their ability to implement various aspects of the Action Civics model in their own classrooms. Summer workshops typically cost a fee, and school year workshops are free to attend. Participants earn professional development credit-hours for their attendance. Subscribe to our bulletin to find information on coming workshops as they are scheduled.
For more information on any of these opportunities or to become a Mikva teacher, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.