Become a Mikva Teacher
Mikva Challenge always welcomes new teachers who are excited about using our Action Civics model and interested in using our curricula, attending our workshops, or participating in our programs. We invite teachers and youth workers to choose their level of involvement according to their interests and availability.
- If you are based in Chicago, click here to learn more about how to get involved with Mikva Challenge in Chicago.
- If you are based in the Los Angeles area, click here to learn more about to get involved with Action Civics LA or contact Sheila McMullin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are based in the Washington DC area, click here to learn more about how to get involved with Mikva Challenge DC or contact Justine Hipsky at email@example.com.
- Use our curricula: The Center for Action Civics currently has complete curricula, both digital and print, that you can order online. We have a variety of free options as well as curricula for purchase. Click here to learn more about our curriculum and to order your copies today.
- Use our resources: Check out the Mikva Action Civics Network, a new online teacher platform designed to connect action civics educators around the country to one another and to resources.
- Attend our workshops: CFAC also offers several professional development workshops each year aimed at helping teachers improve their ability to implement various aspects of the Action Civics model in their own classrooms. Summer workshops typically cost a fee, and school year workshops are free to attend. Participants earn professional development credit-hours for their attendance. Subscribe to our bulletin to find information on coming workshops as they are scheduled.
For more information on any of these opportunities or to become a Mikva teacher, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.