Mikva Challenge invites educators interested in learning more about our curricular resources and professional development opportunities to click here to visit our Center for Action Civics website.
The Center for Action Civics (CFAC) is the professional development branch of Mikva Challenge and provides teachers, schools, and non-profit organizations with the tools and strategies needed to engage young people in high quality Action Civics programming and experiential learning opportunities - either in a classroom, an after-school club, or as part of a community organization.
On the CFAC webpage, educators can:
- Learn about the different ways that teachers engage with Mikva's Action Civics curricula, programs and opportunities
- Find descriptions of and information about how to order Mikva's complete Action Civics curricula: Issues to Action, Democracy in Action, and Elections in Action
- Access our growing database of free lesson plans and resources on a variety of civic education-related topics
- Read about upcoming Mikva events and other opportunities for teachers and students
- See various examples of Action Civics projects undertaken by Mikva students and others
- Discover more about how CFAC is working to promote and spread Action Civics work on a local and national scale
- Join our mailing list to receive our biweekly news bulletin and periodic updates from the Center for Action Civics.
Mikva Challenge was able to launch the Center for Action Civics thanks to the generosity of the McCormick Foundation, the Polk Bros. Foundation and the McDougal Family Foundation.