2018 Summer Jobs Application
Welcome to the application for Mikva’s 2018 Summer Programs!
Please complete the form at the bottom of this page by Friday, April 27th
- Meet civic leaders in local, state, and national politics
- Meet other passionate, powerful students from across Chicago and work on issues they care about
- Enhance their resume and college application
- Get year round college application and financial support
- Earn $$$ doing something interesting, worthwhile, and fun
Mikva Challenge works with young people in the city of Chicago to develop the next generation of civic leaders, policy-makers, activists and advocates. Working as a paid intern with Mikva could include:
- Developing your leadership and professional skills
- Critically thinking about issues of importance
- Conducting research and developing policy recommendations
- Working on issues connected to health, after school programs, education, parks, or juvenile justice
- Learning how city government works
- Working in the offices of elected officials
- Using social media to take action on community issues
- Advising elected officials and decision makers on youth issues
Program Dates: Program begins on June 25th and ends on August 10th. You will work for 16-20 hours per week, 4 days per week. We will have an orientation the week of June 18th.
*City Youth Councils begin the week of July 2nd and ends the week of August 6th*
Payment: Interns will receive a stipend, lunch, and CTA fare to and from work.
You can apply if: You live in Chicago and will be between the ages of 16-20 on June 25th, 2018. (You must be born on or before June 25th, 2002!). You can be in high school, out of school, or in college in the City of Chicago. You can apply regardless of your immigration status. If you don’t have a place of residence you can still apply.
**If you live outside of Chicago, but in Cook County, we may have positions available. Please submit an application and we will be in touch.**
Note: Mikva Challenge seeks to provide a supportive and affirming environment for all students.
Anyone with questions or concerns about any necessary accommodations is encouraged to contact
Meghan at 312.863.6358 or email@example.com.